Venous insufficiency and lymphedema
Poorly functioning veins, diffuse swelling in the limbs: with the icoone treatment, the tissues are drained and circulation improves immediately.
If the circulation that brings the blood back to the heart does not work properly because there is venous insufficiency, the delicate balance of that sort of internal ‘aqueduct’ that carries nutrients, oxygen and waste is jammed. The result is lymphedema, which is a swelling of the limbs, especially in the periphery, due to the stagnation of fluids. This is not only an aesthetic problem but above all a medical one, because in the absence of good circulation the tissues “suffocate”.
What causes lymphedema and venous insufficiency
Veins are the vessels that carry non-oxygenated blood from the periphery to the heart and, in case of venous insufficiency, the return of blood is difficult. The problem can be caused by:
- defects in the function of the venous valves, which ‘give way’ as happens for example in the case of varicose veins, leading to swelling of the vessel where blood stagnates;
- in other cases, it may depend on an overload of the veins, which are subjected to overwork because, for example, you lead a sedentary life and the proper functioning of the peripheral, lymphatic and blood microcirculation, which promotes the return of blood to the heart, is impaired.
What are lymphedema causes, the swelling of tissues due to poor lymphatic drainage? Lymphedema can itself ‘constrict’ the veins and cause venous insufficiency, but it can also be a consequence of it: in fact, poor blood circulation leads to stasis of the blood and also of the lymph, so that in the tissues there is a stagnation of liquids which only worsens the situation.
The result is widespread swelling and the feeling of heavy legs: in fact, most often there is leg lymphedema and venous insufficiency.
Venous insufficiency treatment and lymphedema therapy with icoone
Improving your lifestyle is undoubtedly a necessary first step: reducing the amount of time spent seated, avoiding being still for long periods, wearing elastic stockings to relieve swelling and pain in the legs are all useful methods. Often, however, these methods are not enough, and so the innovative and unique icoone machine can help, because it provides a massage for lymphedema that gives excellent results even for venous insufficiency.
The technology behind icoone is in fact based on the use of ergonomic handpieces equipped with microstimulators that massage the skin, allowing up to 21,600 microstimulations per minute, thanks to the so-called Multi Micro Alveolar Stimulation: a stimulation of the tissues that reaches deep down, works on the capillaries, the sympathetic nervous system and the lymphatic system.
The icoone treatment:
- reactivates microcirculation;
- increases oxygenation of tissues;
- promotes the return of the lymph to the bloodstream;
- deflates the tissues, providing immediate and lasting relief.
With the icoone handpieces, available in a wide variety to treat all areas of the body and even the most delicate skin, you can notice substantial results in a short time, with legs becoming lighter, deflated and no longer sore.