For skin marked by expression lines or too much sun, a dedicated treatment restores youth to face and neck immediately
Actress Anna Magnani told her make-up artist to leave all her wrinkles alone, because it had taken her forever to get them. But few are as serene when they see their skin, especially on the face and neck, marked with more noticeable grooves as the years go by: the most of us would like to look as young as possible for as long as possible and forget about the age printed on the identity card, at least when we look in the mirror.
The causes of wrinkles
In fact, ageing is the main cause of the appearance of wrinkles: as time passes, the skin loses its structure, elasticity and firmness:
- the fibroblasts slowly become less and less active. These connective tissue cells produce the elastic fibres and collagen that literally hold the skin in place, creating a sort of scaffolding underneath the epidermis, which then becomes more fragile over time;
- elastic fibres and collagen, apart from being produced less, are thinner and their structure alters over the years;
- sebaceous glands produce less and less sebum, therefore there is a decrease of the hydrolipidic film that covers the skin preventing it from losing too much water; dehydration also makes wrinkles deeper and more visible.
Over the years these processes are inevitable and genetics can contribute to accelerating or slowing them down, but photo-ageing also plays a very important role: being exposed to the sun or tanning lamps too much means ‘turbocharging’ the skin’s ageing processes, because UV radiation encourages the formation of reactive oxygen species, free radicals, which greatly accelerate the formation of wrinkles.
Are all wrinkles the same?
No, even though they’re all equally undesired.
- Expression lines, for example, are among the first to appear and depend on expressions that we usually assume without even realizing it, contracting our facial muscles: squinting causes crow’s feet to appear, smiling a lot can cause wrinkles around the mouth;
- gravity wrinkles are those that are accentuated especially in old age, because over time the subcutaneous tissues sag, the force of gravity goes to work and ‘pulls down’ the skin;
- ‘parchment’ wrinkles are reticulated, typical of skin that has been exposed too much to UV rays or without protection;
- sleep wrinkles, which form because of the position we assume while resting, seem harmless, because at first, they disappear shortly after we wake up, but then with the years they tend to remain, because skin loses elasticity as it ages.
An anti aging treatment for skin rejuvenation
Very few of us today would follow the advice of our great-grandmothers, who advised girls to be impassive in order to have a youthful-looking face for longer; many also don’t want to get Botox treatment or facelift injections for fear of the side effects and because they require post-treatment recovery time. But there are equally effective solutions: icoone is one of the best anti aging skin care treatments, because it acts deep down, on the causes of wrinkles, while being completely non-invasive and free of side effects.
The innovative Roboderm® technology behind icoone, is in fact based on the use of microstimulators that, like thousands of tiny hands, massage the skin: it is the so-called Multi Micro Alveolar Stimulation, a unique and effective stimulation that works in three dimensions and down to the deepest layers of the skin, activating it.
The facial massage possible with icoone, which thanks to micro-handpieces just 7 mm wide can reach everywhere on the face and neck, in fact improves circulation in the skin by activating the production of elastin and collagen by fibroblasts. In addition, treatment with icoone leaves skin fibres more elastic, with an in instantaneous anti aging and skin rejuvenation effect, with visible results after just a few minutes of application. Thanks to this anti aging skin care intervention pleasant and gentle, completely painless, wrinkles are smoothed out, the skin regains firmness and elasticity and is visibly more radiant: in short, it looks younger.